Do you want to understand yourself better and figure out why you say and do the things you do?
Would you love to be able to express yourself with more clarity and confidence?
Do you experience misinterpretations and misunderstandings in relationships?
The No-Fault Zone® Game is a fun, visual, and tactile game that has helped thousands of people around the world discover how to express themselves effectively and listen actively to others.
What is The No-Fault Zone® Game?
Developed by Sura Hart and Victoria Kindle Hodson, the No-Fault Zone® Game incorporates principles of both Dr. Carl Rogers Person-Centred Therapy and Dr. Marshall Rosenberg’s Nonviolent Communication.
It is so much more than just a game. It is a powerful tool that teaches emotional literacy and empowers people to express themselves effectively and connect meaningfully with others.
How Can It Help Me?
- Get clarity about a situation
- Deepen understanding of yourself and others
- Recognise patterns of communication
- Achieve peace of mind
- Solve a problem without blame, shame, shouting, or tears
- Navigate conflict and find solutions that work for everyone
How Does The Game Work?
The No-Fault Zone® Game is made up of several components:
The mat is designed to give you a clear picture of your automatic reactions and responses in everyday situations, just as the instrument control panel on a jet plane tells a pilot how a plane is functioning.
This increased understanding and self-awareness empowers you to make wise choices and prevent and resolve conflicts with greater ease and confidence.
These cards give us words to describe our feelings. Did you know that our feelings are an indication of how well our needs are being met? When our needs are not fulfilled, we may feel frustrated, sad, or discouraged. On the other hand, we might feel contented and joyful when our needs are satisfied.
These cards help us gain clarity about what our needs really are and whether they are being met or not.
Everyone has the same universal needs. They demonstrate our values and give our life meaning. Many of us don’t realise that needs are the core motivation for all of our behaviours. When we understand this, we are able to live more intentional and satisfying lives.
These cards help us:
- Recognise the choices we are currently making
- Become aware of the range of choices that are always available to us
- Make new choices that will take us in a direction we would rather go
How Do You Play?
There are many ways to play the No-Fault Zone® Game but these are three of our favourites:
- By yourself when you’re curious about what’s going on with you or you need to make a decision.
- With someone else when you want to understand what’s going on with them. This is very helpful in relationships with partners, children, or family members.
- As a two-way conversation with someone else when there is a situation or problem that needs to be addressed and resolved.
Who Can Use The No-Fault Zone® Game?
The game has been used with great success across many ethnic and cultural groups. Children as young as 5 to adults of any age have enjoyed playing it. The No-Fault Zone® Game can be used by individuals, couples, families, groups, and teams, as well as in supervision and coaching sessions.
We have seen profound transformations occur as individuals gain new insight and start having meaningful conversations with people in their lives.
These conversations lead to closer relationships, conflict resolution and transformation of generational patterns of unhealthy communication.
We are here to support you with workshops and on-going training so that you too can experience the joy of honest, open communication and healthy, restored relationships.